OK, so to say I haven't been leading a very healthy lifestyle including exercising and eating the right foods would be an understatement. What's worse is that it shows :( I've packed on a good 15-20lbs since grad school and unfortunately all those clothes I mentioned yesterday that I love just don't quite fit despite the pants dance. I was basically in denial for a long time. I thought perhaps the magic fairy would swing by and with a touch of her magic wand and a little fairy dust make all those evil pounds disappear. I was sure of it. Well I think Ms. Fairy must be on vacation or couldn't find me due to a name change, because you better believe every ounce of that extra weight has stayed. It has officially worn out its welcome. Now what to do about it...
I'm not the best when it comes to sticking to diets and exercise. Actually, I could potentially be the worst at it. Unfortunately I have to suck it up and just do it, because as my doctor told me when I brought up my little weight issue back in the Spring, I'm not 18 anymore and I can't eat whatever I want and not work out and expect to stay thin. Sad face. Now I didn't quite believe her and continued my two-a-day routine (just to clarify I'm not talking about two workouts per day, I'm talking about my two 3 Musketeer bars per day habit). This bad behavior has to come to a halt. I didn't quite grasp the severity of my actions until I realized that the presence of an elastic band became mandatory for everything I wore. Oops.
In order to make the extra pounds disappear, along with that unsightly elastic band, I have decided to utilize my gym membership and go workout during lunch. My membership is to the gym on campus where I work, so there's really no good reason why I can't work out instead of visiting the 3 Musketeers, and since there's no time like the present, I started today. Oh.My.Word. I am out of shape. I was sweating like a pig at a roast and for as red as my face got, you would think I was hanging over the fire! What's worse is that the three faculty members who I might add are twice my age, were working out at the same time and kicking my butt! Epic fail. Although I thought I was going to die and wanted nothing more than to be a beached whale by the ocean after my workout, I hope this becomes a lunchtime routine. I might need people to hold me accountable and push me towards the gym and not the vending machine, but I'm hopeful. Any recommendations?
No comments:
Post a Comment